Inspection and Testing
You may need a electrical inspection and test condition report for a number of reasons, such as when renting, selling or buying a property. Or, you may need a report to find out the condition of an installation after a flood or fire, or at the end of the period recommended in a previous electrical certificate or report.
The five main aims of a condition report are to:
- record the results of the inspection and testing to make sure the electrical installation is safe to be used until the next inspection (following any work needed to make it safe);
- find any damage and wear and tear that might affect safety, and report it;
- find any parts of the electrical installation that do not meet the current IET Wiring Regulations;
- help find anything that may cause electric shocks and loose connections that can lead to high temperatures, which can lead to deaths, burns, fires and other injuries; and
- provide an important record of the installation at the time of the inspection, and for inspection and testing in the future.
Different Types of condition reports:
In general, there are three types of report applicable for fixed wiring inspection and testing reporting.
- Visual condition report.
- Domestic electrical condition report.
- Electrical installation condition report.
To see an example of a condition report, please click here.
Want more information? Feel free to contact us.
Still wondering if you should have your property or business inspected? If you have anything similar to the following, we suggest you do: